PIM-530 Module (PHSC)
The PIM-530 module is a four-wire detection control module. It acts as an interface between a main fire alarm control panel detection circuit or addressable node and Protectowire Digital Linear Heat Detector.
Each PIM-530 interface module can supervise a single zone of our PHSC linear heat detectors. The following benefits come standard with each module:
- Supervises 6,500 feet (2000m) of standard PHSC linear detectors
- Modbus output via RS-485
- Relay contacts for universal compatibility to addressable modules or IDCs
- Field configurable to support either a Class A or Class B configuration
- LCD screen and trackpad for easy programming
- Hardware available for use in classified hazards
- Integrated alarm point location
- 64 event history
- Optional: NEMA-4X (IP66) enclosure
- Optional: -40°F (-40°C) version without LCD
- Required: 12 to 32 VDC regulated input power
What is the primary difference between Protectowire PHSC and PLR Digital Linear Heat Detectors?
Protectowire PHSC series is manufactured using spring steel conductors, while the PLR series is manufactured with low resistance tri-metallic conductors that are engineered to enable longer detector zone lengths on other manufacturers' control equipment. The amount of Protectowire (PHSC or PLR series) that can be installed on another manufacturers' control equipment is directly determined by the maximum loop resistance of the equipment’s initiating device circuit. Protectowire’s PHSC digital linear heat detectors have an approximate resistance of 0.185 Ohms per foot (0.607 Ohm per Meter). Protectowire’s PLR digital linear heat detectors have an approximate resistance of 0.058 Ohms per foot (0.191 Ohm per Meter). The PLR series detectors allow for approximately 3x longer lengths on the same initiating device circuit.