For the purpose of this privacy statement, “We”, “Our”, “Us” refers to The Protectowire Company Inc., and its affiliates.
2. For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, The Protectowire Company Inc. is the “data controller”. This means that we determine the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your data is processed.
3. We may collect the following Data, which includes personal data, from you:
c. demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests;
d. web browser type and version (automatically collected);
e. a list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on this Website, and the site you exit to (automatically collected);
How we collect Data
4. We collect Data in the following ways:
a. data is given to us by you;
b. data is received from other sources; and
c. data is collected automatically.
Data that is given to us by you
5. We will collect your Data in a number of ways, for example:
a. when you contact us through the Website, by telephone, post, e-mail or through any other means;
Data that is received from publicly available third parties sources
6. We will receive Data about you from the following publicly available third party sources:
a. Google Analytics
b. Constant Contact
Data that is collected automatically
7. To the extent that you access the Website, we will collect your Data automatically, for example:
a. we automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This information helps us to make improvements to Website content and navigation, and includes your IP address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the Website and the way you use and interact with its content.
b. we will collect your Data automatically via cookies, in line with the cookie settings on your browser.
Our use of Data
8. Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
a. improvement of our products / services;
9. We may use your Data for the above purposes if we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate interests.
11. You have the following rights in relation to your Data:
a. Right to access – the right to request copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or (ii) that we modify, update or delete such information.
b. Right to correct – the right to have your data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
c. Right to erase – the right to request that we delete or remove your data from our systems.
d. Right to restrict our use of your Data – the right to “block” us from using your data or limit the way in which we can use it.
e. Right to data portability – the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Data.
Transfers outside the European Economic Area
12. Due to the international nature of our business, we may need to transfer your Data within The Protectowire Company Inc, and to third parties as described below, in connection with the purposes set out in this Notice. For this reason, we may transfer your Data to other countries that may have different laws and data protection requirements to those that apply in the country in which you are located. We transfer your information to our distributors, third party companies or individuals globally to provide our products and services.
• We may disclose your Data to other entities within The Protectowire Company Inc., for legitimate business purposes (including operating our websites, and providing services to you), in accordance with applicable law.
• Legal and regulatory authorities, upon request, or for the purposes of reporting any actual or suspected breach of applicable law or regulation;
• Accountants, auditors, lawyers and other outside professional advisors to The Protectowire Company Inc., subject to binding contractual obligations of confidentiality;
• third party processors (such as payment service providers; shipping companies; etc..)
• any relevant party, law enforcement agency or court, to the extent necessary for the establishment, exercise of defence of legal rights;
• any relevant party for the purposes of prevention, investigation, detection or prosecution of criminal offenses and the prevention of threats to public security.
Links to other websites
15. Before the Website places cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a message bar requesting your consent to set those cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of cookies, you are enabling The Protectowire Company Inc. to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
You may contact The Protectowire Company Inc. by email at email@example.com.
19 February 2019